Great Britain
This article was added by the user . TheWorldNews is not responsible for the content of the platform.

Dog walkers in Epping Forest warn several dogs die from drinking 'poisonous' lake water

A dog walker with

drowned his pets from a lake filled withtoxic blue-green algae after several dogs died. I was told not to.

The unfortunate animals were drinking the water of Hyams Park Lake in Epping Forest, a popular walking spot in northeast London.

A Highams Park News statement read:

"The Council is aware that a number of dogs have died after (believed to be) drinking from Hyams Park Lake.

"Post-mortem results indicate the presence of toxic cyanobacteria/green algae.

"The City of London Corporation, which manages Epping Forest, said swimming, fishing, or bringing dogs into the water in Hyams Park Lake should be tested for possible toxic blue-green algal blooms. We are warning visitors until we are done.”

Meanwhile, the city of Epping Forest in London posted on social media: river.

``Water quality is not monitored,'' he added.

Dog Poisoning Symptoms

Epping Forest Dog owners have been told to keep pets away from toxic water (


Getty Images/500px )

Symptoms of algae poisoning can develop very quickly (within 15 minutes to an hour after exposure) and even small amounts can be fatal to dogs. act quickly and contact your veterinarian immediately.

Signs to watch for include vomiting, convulsions, seizures, diarrhea, increased thirst, drooling, difficulty breathing, and collapse.

What is blue-green algae?

Cyanobacteria, technically known as cyanobacteria, are microscopic organisms that occur naturally in lakes and streams. Under certain conditions, blue-green algae can become abundant in warm, shallow, undisturbed, nutrient-rich surface waters that receive a lot of sunlight.

Blue-green algae can thrive in abundance in warm, shallow, undisturbed water (

70} Image:

DIVE.IS/AFP via Getty Images)

When this happens, blue-green algae discolors the water and creates floating mats. There is a possibility. Or scum on the surface of the water. Blooms are also formed on rocks, along coastlines and at the bottom of bodies of water.

These are called benthic flowers. If the water is turquoise, green, yellow, white, brown, purple, or red, or if it has a painty appearance, or if there is scum on the surface, you may have harmful algal blooms. there is.

Some blue-green algae can produce toxins, while others do not. However, exposure to blue-green algae blooms can affect human and animal health when touching, swallowing, or inhaling airborne droplets of water with blooms.

In humans, exposure to high levels of cyanobacteria and their toxins can cause diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. irritation of the skin, eyes, or throat; allergic reactions or difficulty breathing.

Read More

Read More